Dedicated to all who wish to free their hands
Fanny packs have earned universal love and recognition in modern street fashion. It’s just the perfect thing created for an active person. The main advantage of this accessory is always free hands. It provides an opportunity to calmly move around the city, use a smartphone, and go on trips and festivals.
A fanny pack is especially practical and valuable for travelers. Tickets, passports, other documents, and money will be neatly placed under your control. No theft or loss. With them, you can fully devote yourself to the transportation of suitcases and luggage.
Having a triangular, rectangular, or square bag, fanny packs have a number of obvious advantages: adjustment of the length of the belt, the presence of a key holder/flask/case for glasses (variable), the possibility of transformation (some models can be worn both on the belt and on the shoulder).
In addition, there are a number of special waist models that are designed to carry such valuable equipment as a camera and video equipment. Experts note that the main factor when choosing a fanny pack is a statistically proven brand that guarantees the durability of the design and the strength of the materials.
In this Article –
The 15 Best Fanny Packs for Travel
Tips on how to choose the best fanny pack for travelers
During the trip, you will have to visit a variety of places – crowded streets, rocky paths, steep stairs, and crowded subway cars. With the right fanny pack, you can easily make your way through any crowd and can easily jump on the departing bus. Second, you have both hands free. You can easily take photos and hold a map in your hands.
So, what nuances should you pay attention to when choosing a fanny bag for traveling? We have compiled a selection of tips for you.
Weight or durability?
You will have sometimes to carry a fanny pack on your shoulders all the time, which means that its weight should be taken into account. Therefore, it is only logical that you will try to purchase a model that weighs very little. But not everything is so simple. Do not forget that a light fanny pack will not last long. And it’s good if it becomes unusable not in the middle of the trip. Therefore, it all depends on the type of your trip. For example, for a difficult long tour in the mountains, you should choose a light, waterproof fanny pack. If it concerns city trips, then these can be heavier bags.
An important factor is a fastener
What is the use of strong material if the zippers are of poor quality and fail quickly? Pay attention to the fact that the zipper closing the main compartment is massive. It will experience constant downloads, so it should be very reliable. With pocket zippers, everything is easier, the loads are not so great here. Don’t forget about the warranty. Quality products have a warranty, in which case you can easily repair the item or exchange it.
Resistance to weather conditions
The weather is very changeable. Only the hot sun was shining, and now it is pouring like a bucket. You have to be prepared for anything because you don’t want your wallet to get wet or water to get on your phone. So, another important factor is the material of the fanny pack. The fabric should not allow moisture to pass through. Zippers should also be waterproof.
Size and capacity
The most convenient fanny packs are those with the largest number of pockets. Since it will not be very convenient for you to look for a phone that is mixed with all small objects.
It is best to choose those models of fanny packs whose volume can be adjusted. This also includes a system of strap fasteners, which you can use to attach additional elements to the fanny pack.
Being a tourist is an obvious pleasure. Just don’t show it to others, you can become an attractive target for scammers. For this reason, appearance plays no less a role than the versatility of the fanny packs. If you like to travel in cities, then you should choose one fanny pack design, if you are a nature lover, then you should prefer other models. In an urban environment, the best design is inconspicuous, with dull colors. So you will not stand out from the crowd. And such a modest fanny pack is convenient in that you can take it to a business meeting or go with it on a weekend out of town.
Consider that you will have to carry the fanny pack on yourself, which means that it should be as comfortable as possible. Now on the market, there are models created specifically for men and women, they are designed taking into account the difference in body structure. The most important detail is the strap, which bears all the weight, so it should be soft and ergonomic.
Keep your fanny pack with you at all times when traveling. It is a sweet prey for pickpockets, so when buying a fanny pack, give preference to those models that are equipped with special protection against intruders. These are zippers with blocking, protective loops for “anti-thief” runners, and secret pockets where you can safely hide equipment and valuables.
15 Most Convenient And Stylish Fanny Packs For Travel
Ace Fanny Pack
- Front zipper pocket.
- Adjustable strap.
- Pockets to stash cards and cash.
- Repreve® recycled lining + dust bag.
- 100% vegan.
Lululemon Everywhere Belt Bag 1L
- Exterior zippered pocket to secure your valuables.
- Interior pockets hold the essentials.
- Once you find your perfect fit, tuck the excess belt bag strap into the elastic loops.
Gisdanchz Bumbags Fanny Pack
- The strap can be adjusted from 11.8″ to 47.2″.
- The elastic loop holds the excess waist strap without bulk.
- Water-resistant and anti-scratch.
- Protects your stuff safely.
- Comes with an earphone jack on the right front which you can use as a charge jack.
Fila Fanny Pack
- Fanny pack, waist belt – call it what you will.
- It’s ideal for travel.
- Iconic Everywhere. #FILAstyle
Vans Rainger Fanny Pack
- Versatile waist pack and crossbody bag with an adjustable strap, multiple pockets, and a workwear-inspired logo patch.
- 100% recycled polyester shell, 100% polyester lining.
Kibou Vegan Fanny Pack
- A built-in waterproof pocket.
- Ergonomic, weight-bearing.
- High-quality vegan leather.
- Wipeable and stain-resistant nylon lining.
- Waterproof-lined pocket to hold wipes or wet items.
Patagonia Mini Hip Pack
- Spacious and functional.
- Sustainable polyester.
- More than 7 pockets.
Bumbag Double Casual Blocked
- Made of nylon and polyester.
- Adjustable waist belt for different styles.
- No animal products are used to make this 100% vegan product.
Lululemon Fast and Free Running Belt
- The adjustable low-bounce waistband has a buckle closure to customize your fit.
- The zippered stretchy pocket keeps your phone close.
- Side drop-in pockets to stash your key, cards, and gels.
- Reflective details.
Baboon to the Moon Fanny Pack
- More than 5 convenient and hidden pockets.
- Comfortable, adjustable strap.
- Nominated fabric.
Jansport Fifth Ave Fanny Pack
- A place for tablets, phones, wallets, and other things.
- Fastener: Zipper Fifth Avenue JS00TAN15Q3
- Made of durable fabric, zippers, and straps, in colors and designs.
Maxtop Fanny Pack
- Multi-separate compartment.
- Hidden Zipper Pocket.
- Special Headphone hole.
- Safety Reflective Loop.
- Flexible Adjustable Waist Belt.
Athleta Excursion Waistbag
- Recycled Nylon/Recycled Polyester.
- Water-Repellent: Durable Water Repellent (DWR) fabric finish protects against light mists.
- Spacer meshes back body for comfort.
Black Metro Belt Bag
- Light in weight but heavy in style, the Metro Belt Bag has enough room for your phone and other small necessities.
- Foldable, rollable, and packable, it’s the perfect travel (and every day) companion.
Nike Heritage Fanny Pack
- The double-zipped main compartment has plenty of space and an internal zipped mesh pocket keeps your things organized.
- Adjustable woven strap for easy wearing.